Friday, November 9, 2007

Fall

Fall has arrived.

Finally. After a long and extremely dry summer the leaves have done their magic at last. The trees held onto their green leaves longer than usual this year probably because of the abundance of sunlight. While the falls colors are not as sharp as in past years there are hundreds of tones in the colors I see. The range of colors amazes me every year.

Fall brings a slowdown in my cycling activity. I will ride during Fall and Winter taking advantage of Indian Summer, if it comes, and other warm days to do maintenance rides. After almost 6,500 miles this year I do not want to lose all the gains made in 2007.

My 20 or so rides on Skyline Drive were fantastic! It is a great place to bike and I look forward to 2008 and more challenging and exciting Skyline bike rides. Hopefully, the black bears will continue to move out of my way (I saw 8 this year).

Best rides of 2007 were: Numerous Skyline Drive rides, the Reston Century Double Metric, a 130 mile ride on 26 August, and the local short ride when I clicked over 110,000 miles since 1991.

Keep Spinning!

No comments: